The company understands, as experienced holiday home insurance Ireland specialists, that your vacation home may be left unoccupied for more than 30 days at a time.
Their holiday home insurance Ireland policy continues to provide full coverage without any penalties or restrictions, though the agent will ask that you arrange for someone trustworthy to inspect the inside of your holiday home if it is empty for more than 30 days in a row, and we will also ask that you keep the heating on during winter or turn the water system off and drain it.
Whether the Holiday Home insurance Ireland property to be insured is your primary residence, an ideal vacation home, or a second home, the policy will cover the building and/or contents against all of any incident and issues would expect. If you have to cancel any pre-planned vacations, they will reimburse you for the lost income.
HOLIDAY HOME INSURANCE IRELAND: COVERAGE
If you are insuring a property for the first time in Ireland, or if you are purchasing a property with a mortgage arranged by an Irish lender, you may feel pressured to buy your property insurance from them or a company they recommend.
You are free to choose any property insurer you want, just like in the UK, and it is prudent to look closely at what is included in the property insurance being offered:
Buildings (if selected)
- Loss or damage to the structure of your private residence (including garages and outbuildings) caused by fire or smoke, earthquake, explosion, lightning, aircraft or anything dropped from them, riot, vehicles or animals, breakage or collapse of radio or television aerials or satellite dishes and their fittings or masts, falling trees, telegraph poles or lampposts, theft, malicious acts, flood, escape of water or oil from a fixed installation, subsidence, heave, landslip
- Cost of alternative housing or loss of rent up to 20% of the insured value of the building
- Your legal liability as the owner of the private residence, or as the owner of a previous private residence, for injury to others or damage to their property is limited to £5,000,000.
- If you sell your private residence, we will provide the buyer with the benefit of cover under this section until the sale is completed, as long as it is within the period of insurance.
- Leak detection and access up to £2,500
- You are legally liable for accidental damage to underground cables, pipes, and tanks serving your home.
- Fixed glass, sanitary fittings, ceramic glass through built-in cooker hobs, and solar panels fixed to buildings are all broken by accident.
- Coverage of up to £5,000 for carpets, curtains, blinds, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, cookers, washing machines, and tumble dryers.
Contents (if selected)
- Loss or damage to your private home contents caused by fire or smoke, earthquake, explosion, lightning, aircraft or anything dropped from them, riot, vehicles or animals, breakage or collapse of radio or television aerials or satellite dishes and their fittings or masts, falling trees, telegraph poles or lampposts, theft, malicious acts, flood, escape of water or oil from a fixed installation, subsidence, heave, landslip, and storm.
- Your legal liability as an occupier of your private residence for injury to others or damage to their property is limited to £5,000,000.
- Your liability for accidental bodily injury to a domestic employee under a service contract.
- Contents left out in the open but within the boundaries of the private residence up to £250
- Metered water loss caused by an insured event
To summarize, the Holiday Home insurance Ireland has been designed to account for the nature of property ownership in Ireland as well as the various ways in which those properties are used and occupied.
Holiday home insurance Ireland is confident that they have created an insurance package that meets your requirements. They have kept our premiums low while still providing a comprehensive Irish property insurance plan.
Holiday Home Insurance Ireland believes that their holiday home policy is one of the best on the market and provides the most comprehensive coverage.